Have you got a San Antonio Texas house that is in foreclosure at this time? Lots of people going through the Texas foreclosure process want to escape from under that burdensome home and wonder if they could sell the home in foreclosure. The short answer: yes. The long answer: it’s a bit more complex, but normally it’s possible to sell your property prior to foreclosure. Generally, the earlier you start, the better.
Can I Sell My House in Foreclosure in San Antonio? – How it works
There are a whole lot of people in San Antonio who’ve faced foreclosure in the last couple of years. Since the changes in the market, a lot of banks are changing the way they handle foreclosures.
Bear in mind, the lender which carries your mortgage doesn’t wish to see your home auctioned or abandoned. The lender stands to make the most amount of money by helping you to avoid foreclosure now in San Antonio by selling your property. However, dealing with banks during any portion of the foreclosure process can be a huge pain. Over many years of working with banks to help stop the foreclosure process, we have learned a few tricks that will assist you.
Working With Banks During The Foreclosure Process
- Consistently over-communicate with the bank (but do not be annoying). Call with upgrades and show them what you’re doing to get your property sold.
- Do not miss deadlines. If anything is going to be late, call with advance notice.
- Recall that bankers are people too. Don’t be overly dramatic, but describing your position and demonstrating your willingness to fix the issues to make it right goes a long way.
- Start keeping careful records of every conversation you’ve had with the lender. Nothing counts unless it’s in writing. Be certain you keep track of each person you speak with, what they said, and any promises made.
- Research all of your options, including short sale, loan modifications, and bankruptcy. Depending on the details of your own personal situation, you could be able to dramatically slow down the foreclosure procedure with enough effort. Each lender has its own policies to assist borrowers avoid foreclosure.
- Do not wait. Unfortunately, time isn’t on your side. The further behind you get on your payments, the fewer options that are available to you.
If you’re looking to sell your San Antonio house in foreclosure quickly, call us today.
We specialize in helping homeowners in situations including foreclosure around San Antonio and the whole state of Texas get out of tough situations and avoid foreclosure. In certain conditions, we could negotiate directly with the lender to decrease the amount you owe and (occasionally) even allow you to walk away from the house with cash.
If you need to sell your property near San Antonio, we can help.
We purchase properties like yours from individuals who need to sell fast.