Selling your house is something you’ll only have to do maybe just a few times in your life. And unless you know a local San Antonio real estate agent who will sell your house for free or at a hugely discounted commission… it can be a real pain in the rear and an expensive process for you, as well.
So… you landed on this page about “How to sell your house by yourself in San Antonio Texas” because of a few possible reasons and I’m guessing…
- You have very little or no equity in your house so you can’t afford to pay the real estate agent’s commissions
- You have some equity but want to try to save money by selling the house yourself before you resort to hiring a real estate agent
- You’re in foreclosure (or heading that way) and just need to sell quickly without incurring thousands of dollars in agent commissions and fees
- You can’t wait for months on end that it sometimes takes to sell a house in the San Antonio area in this market so you want to try to sell it as fast as possible
Whatever reason you may have… there are several ways as to how to sell your house by yourself in San Antonio .
Since 2013, the housing industry has been experiencing a major recovery. Selling your house at this time will definitely be profitable if you know how to do it right. In most cases, it’s all about using smart marketing strategies and being realistic about your expectations on what you expect to achieve with this sale.
This article will provide you with some guidelines to help you sell your San Antonio area house yourself.
How To Sell Your House By Yourself In San Antonio Texas – Let’s Dive In
Know The San Antonio Real Estate Market Well
The first and most important step is doing some market research on your neighborhood in the San Antonio Texas area. This step involves visiting various home marketing sites (Zillow, Eppraisal the Chase home value estimator, etc), calling a couple of real estate agents or so to see what your home is worth, or gathering information about the various market pricing techniques. Doing your homework on these issues will allow you to come up with a price that’s right for your house and will also help you to avoid making certain selling mistakes.
If you don’t want to hassle with trying to come up with a home value by yourself… give us a call at (210) 807-6567 and we’ll give you an honest and fair valuation of what your house is worth on the retail market (if you’re wanting to wait the 3-6+ months to find the perfect retail buyer). And if you want us to… we’ll make you a fair all-cash offer to give you that option of selling your house quickly (we can close in as little as 7 days if you want to).
Asses the market
This step is somewhat similar to conducting market research, only that in this case, you are limited to your neighborhood and similar houses. Are there a lot of houses for sale in your neighborhood here in San Antonio? If so, what is the average price that they are listing for? Are there a lot of foreclosures in your neighborhood? That could drag your house price down.
Asses the house
As a seller, your house should be in top condition or shape in order to sell it at a good price. Identify specific unique characteristics about it and emphasize them during the marketing process. For example, in San Antonio, a house with drive way parking may be more attractive to some buyers as compared to one with parking in a garage .
Also, does your house need repairs? Does it need to be repainted inside or out? What is the condition of the roof? Is the landscaping in good shape? Is the house outdated at all? (you know, those popcorn ceilings ;-). All of these things can make the house more or less attractive depending upon the buyer… which could change the price they’re willing to pay for it.
After doing all of this… come up with an asking price for your San Antonio home that is fair… isn’t so high it’ll take you 12 months or more to sell the house… but is attractive so that you get a frenzy of buyers who are ready to buy it quickly.
Use Photos or Videos
San Antonio buyers are obsessed with media. Taking walk-through videos of the house and using those videos to advertise will help you to reach a larger market. In fact, these videos are considered more transparent than just taking photos. However, this should not stop you from using the latter option since it is more affordable as compared to the videos.
So take some great pictures. Take a picture of every room in the house that helps show it off. Take a picture of the house from the outside at a few different angles… people want to see the house before they ever show up to see it in person. So having great pictures of your house online could be the difference between getting the right buyer quickly… and waiting for months on end to sell.
Get Your House “Listed” On The Local San Antonio MLS And Market It
You can find no or low fee real estate brokers these days who will charge you a few hundred bucks or so to put your house on the local San Antonio MLS. This gets your house out in front of all of the real estate agents quickly (so be prepared to pay those “buyers” agents a 2-3% buyers broker fee if you plan to have their support in helping you to find a buyer).
Place ads in the local newspapers, signs on the roads, and hold an open house.
Does All Of This Sound Like A Lot Of Work To Sell Your San Antonio House Fast By Yourself?
It can be.
And in the end, many San Antonio house sellers think they’re saving money and time by marketing the house themselves… when in the end it actually costs them more money to go that route.
When you sell your own house here are some of the things you need to consider…
- If you’re not a good marketer or aren’t ready to spend a bunch of time marketing your house the right way… selling it yourself may not be your best bet
- If you don’t do a good job preparing the house and the marketing materials… and working with the buyers to really build the value of your house in their minds… you may actually sell the house for 3-8% less than you might get for the same house if an experienced person marketed the house for you instead
- Too many sellers never think about holding costs or opportunity costs… every month that your house just sits there means another mortgage payment, tax payment, insurance, utilities, etc. If your mortgage payment is $1,500/mo… and $1,300 of that is interest… if it takes you 7 months to sell your house… that could cost you an extra $9,100 (not to mention taxes and insurance you had to pay during that time). So, if you were able to sell that house more quickly… wouldn’t it make more sense for you to provide a buyer a discounted price today so you can close quickly and move on with your life? Something to think about.
If you’d rather not put up the hassle of trying to sell your San Antonio house by yourself… and would much rather just sell it fast for a fair price without having to pay any commissions or fees…
… here at Lone Star Real Estate Solutions LLC we actually buy local San Antonio Texas houses.
We’d love to make you a fair, NO OBLIGATION and NO HASSLE cash offer on your house.
We can close quickly (in as little as 7 days if you wanted to)… which would save you thousands of dollars vs. trying to sell the house yourself and waiting for months and months.
Also, when we buy local San Antonio houses we buy them “As-Is” and take care of all the repairs that are needed (we pay for it ourselves) so you don’t have to worry about that.
If you want to see what we can pay for your house, give us a call today at (210) 807-6567 or just fill out the quick simple form through the link below.